Wednesday, May 26

TAXPAYER MONEY BEAMS RUSH LIMBAUGH TO AMERICAN SOLDIERS


I am so appalled and angered by this: "American Forces Radio fires a daily barrage of Rush Limbaugh at its million uniformed listeners. So why are liberals kept off the military's airwaves?"

Well now, I heard Rush explain on his radio show just last week why this might be so. In response to a caller who challenged his characterizations of liberals, Rush responded, [not a transcript, just my excellent memory] "I'm often attacked because I don't have liberals on my show. My answer to that is, I don't need to have liberals. I know the liberal mindset, so I can speak FOR them myself."

Heck, if Rush can speak for us, why do we need to speak for ourselves? No wonder the military resented/hated the Clintons so much -- Rush has told them that Hillary is a murderer, Bill a rapist, and his sponsorship by Armed Forces Radio proves that it's true. And as for events in Iraq, why, liberals are using the Abu Ghraib abuses to undermine our fine fighting men and women by making a big deal of what was essentially a fraternity prank, didn't you know? or haven't you been listening to Rush? My husband, The Sage, would be surprised to hear that. He's a fraternity man himself, and our recollection of typical fraternity pranks/hazing at our alma mater is limited to being forced to run a gauntlet of wooden paddles wielded by upperclassmen and having to recite the Greek alphabet five times before a match burns out (ouch! burnt fingers). While we're at it, at least three of the accused MP's were women. Clearly not sorority women, but let's use Rush's analogy. As a sorority woman myself, the worst things my pledge class were told to do included: my shy self having to travel to the "top five" fraternities on campus and asking their presidents to loan me their fraternity pins for a week; my pledge classmate, niece of the president of the Florida Senate, being told to dress as a hippie and sell popcorn out of a Kotex box on the steps of the Senate building. Now maybe guys being guys, the fraternity pledges didn't feel they could protest without ostracizing. But I assure you that we girls could have refused with no consequences. I've heard of much worse in more recent years, but usually in the context of the frat/sorority facing criminal charges for such.

But I digress. This revelation, of Rush being aired for our soldiers, is part and parcel of this cynical administration's agenda, to attribute to the pronouncements of Bush and assorted right-wing conservatives, even wackos, the seal of approval by the U.S. government while discrediting any dissenting voices. To suggest that a single hour of NPR, nuanced beyond the abilities of many soldiers to comprehend, is sufficient to balance the diabolical influence of Rush Limbaugh is laughable, especially in light of the recent study that reports that the top seven contributors to NPR are Republicans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home