Friday, July 30

DALLAS MORNING NEWS READERS: MOST MEMORABLE CONVENTION MOMENT


It's gone now from the site, but this morning the Dallas Morning News invited readers to submit their answers to the question: What was the most memorable moment at the DNC? These were the answers, all of them:

--Kerry's speech was pretty concise and clear. My family has voted Republican in past elections, but we believe Kerry will approach the war on terrorism at home and abroad with intelligence, competence, and bring America back to its rightful place of honor in the eyes of the world. We will be on the path to a much safer world with him in the White House.

--Obama's speech.

--I loved seeing Jimmy Carter criticize President Bush. It reminds me of how great this country is and how sad/delusional the democratic party is...only in America could the worst President in American history whose tenure was marked by economic stagnation and diplomatic humiliation lecture one of our better Presidents about the economy and national security. Priceless!!!

--I watched this convention with an open mind as an undecide [sic] voter. I never really knew much about Senator Kerry but I like Senator Edwards. After listening to Senator Kerry's speach [sic] I am confident thyat he will make a great leader for our Nation. I have lost hope and confidence in President Bush. He promised to be a uniter, but never came through. Good luck Senators Kerry and Edwards,you just earned my vote!

--Seeing the next president of the U.S.A. John Kerry. I hope Kerry cuts off every nickle [sic] of money coming to the north Texas rightwing hate land. The big endorsement from the Dallas Morning News for Bush will do no good.

--If I had watched it then I would tell you...but...

--"Reporting for duty" was a poor opening and epitomized the overall weakness of his speech. I do not understand why he implores President Bush to run a positive campaign immediately following his sharp criticisms of him, VP Cheney, SecDef Rumsfeld, and Attorney General Ashcroft. Poor taste.

--Memorable moment? It had one?

--When Kerry made this statement, "We value an America that controls its own destiny because it's finally and forever independent of Mideast oil. What does it mean for our economy and our national security when we only have three percent of the world's oil reserves, yet we rely on foreign countries for fifty-three percent of what we consume? I want an America that relies on its own ingenuity and innovation -- not the Saudi royal family." If he does become president, I hope he remembers this statement when there is an oil embargo and our only ingenuity is drilling the arctic. I thought he started off by saying we need to mend fences with our allies. Yes I know the Saudis are not the most loyal to us. See if this bites him later.

--When it ended.

--Bill Clinton. Kerry's speech was very good and Obama was certainly the most pleasant surprise, but Clinton is still the star of the party and would easily defeat W in a head to head race.

--The best thing about the Democratic National Convention is that it is finished.


--When the phrase "Hope is on the way" was said after every other word...gimme a break, please.

--Obama!!! He had the best speech I have ever heard. He spoke of true American dreams, and gave hope to everyone who had the fortune of listening to him speak!

--Excellent: Bill Clinton, Obama. OK: John Edwards. Average: Heinz-Kerry, Dean. Not good: Hillary (why does she get so much pub?). His time is up: Gore.

--I think the convention as a whole was very positive and gave Americans a genuine hope for a better future. The most memorable event thus far has been the unifying keynote address by Illinois state senator Barak Obama, with VP candidate John Edwards' uplifting speech a close second. I look forward to the Republican Convention in August to see if they can match the Democrats' positiveness, as this country has been a victim of negative campaigning for too long.

--I am a republican, but the most memorable moment was Clinton's speech. Unbelievable. I am not a Clinton fan, but was so impressed with his speech. If he was running, I might consider voting for him for the first time. I have to admit, if Clinton was running, I do not think George Bush would have a shot.

--Howard Dean was the highlight for me. He is a great man, he got the ball rolling earlier this year politically, he was able to get more people involved in this election, brought attention to issues that no one else even touched on.

--Hearing the Democrats speak about real issues that affect all Americans. I want to hear how we can unite the country and solve our problems rather than hear all of the divisive talk. We had a real opportunity after 911 to unite against terrorism but the President used that togetherness to take us into a war we should not have fought. I hope we can get that feeling back and focus it where it should be. I hope to hear the same type of thing from the Republicans convention. I look forward to making a difficult decision come November.

--I absolutely love Barack Obama, Teresa Heinz Kerry, President Clinton and Senator Clinton. There, I said it inb one breath. If I could choose one highlight that was a show stopper, it had to have been the presence of Ron Reagan on the dias [sic]. That in itself says it all. Send him!

--Definitely Barak Obama. He is so inspiring, positive, energetic, intelligent and dignified. Would love to see him fill the shoes of President of the United States someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home