Friday, October 29

THE BUSH PLEDGE


Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a bad movie:

Politics: I Pledge Allegiance

The following fascist display is brought to you by the Bush-Cheney campaign:

"I want you to stand, raise your right hands," and recite "the Bush Pledge," said Florida state Sen. Ken Pruitt. The assembled mass of about 2,000 in this Treasure Coast town about an hour north of West Palm Beach dutifully rose, arms aloft, and repeated after Pruitt: "I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, I promise to work hard to re-elect, re-elect George W. Bush as president of the United States."

This Bush Pledge is really taking this whole loyalty oath garbage a bit too far. First, only pledged supporters or fundraisers were allowed to see Bush or Cheney on the campaign trail. Now, a publicly uttered oath. I'm not sure what country we're living in anymore. This is scary, scary stuff.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home