Sunday, November 14

CLEAR THINKING FROM THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT


How did I miss this?

On Tuesday, this nation rejected liberalism, primarily because liberalism has been taken captive by the left.

Does anyone else read that as I do? "The nation rejected liberalism because it's the stuff of liberals." Great mind at work here. Liberalism might be OK if it weren't for the liberals promoting it.

...we must help those Democrats who truly want to be free to actually break free of this evil ideology.

Yeah, see, liberalism is an addiction, and we have to help the few Democrats who want to, to escape its nasty throes. And hey buddy, we never called you "evil" -- but give me a little more of this, and maybe I'll get there.

The left bewitches with its potions and elixirs, served daily in its strongholds of academe, Hollywood and old media. It vomits upon the morals, values and traditions we hold sacred: God, family and country.

Excuse me, I and other Democrats happen to hold family and country sacred too. I don't have to "hold" God sacred since by definition He is, and sets the "morals, values and traditions" standards for me. Who sets them for you, James Dobson and George W. Bush? That's idolatry, buddy, and blasphemy to boot.

"Potions and elixirs"? Yeah right, our magic is so powerful it won us control of the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government.

We are one nation under a God they reject. We remain indivisible despite their attempts to divide Americans through their relentless warfare against class, ethnic and religious unity.

Who says we reject God? I evidently hold Him higher in esteem than Pastore does, since to me He's just God, not "A God." He's the only one in my book.

"Indivisible"? Well, since I'm an evangelical Christian and I oppose you to the hilt, I guess there's at least a LITTLE division, huh? And just what do you mean by warfare "against class, ethnic and religious UNITY"? Is your implication that the rich and well-connected should all vote the same way, the poor and disenfranchised should vote the same way, Hispanics should all vote the same way, etc.? Is such unity per se a good thing? Aren't we all supposed to think for ourselves and rise above our personal niches to be Americans?

We continue to be that shining city set on a hill. And we fully accept the responsibility; we are proud to be the envy of the world.

Who in the world is envying us these days? If anyone does, it's for our relative prosperity and freedom, both of which are on the endangered species list until we get rid of this mindless, soulless crowd. It's certainly not for our moral superiority, which was done to death the day BushCo invaded a non-threatening Iraq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home