Friday, February 25

AND THE WINNERS ARE...

Congratulations to all the winners of The Koufax Awards. I am particularly happy to see that Susie of Suburban Guerrilla won in the category of "Most Deserving of Wider Recognition." Kudoes to Wampum for this enormous undertaking, which gives us a priceless opportunity to explore more quality lefty blogs.

Also, I want to say thank you to those of you who voted for our "Rumsfeld Rag" as "Most Humorous Post," enough to make it it a semi-finalist. I'm still kind of surprised, since it wasn't really meant to be humorous and we don't come even close to the readership levels of most of the nominees. I regularly write (as part of my real job in business) dozens of jingles, song parodies and other special-event poetic efforts each year, but none give me as much satisfaction as the few political whimsies I turned out in 2004. I just wish I had time to do more of them. If interested, check out the column "Whimsies" to the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home