Thursday, February 10

WHEN OPINION BECOMES THE NEWS

I have listened with dismay over recent weeks as my formerly-favorite Dallas radio station, KRLD 1080, has modified its format from all-news to news-and-talk. Initially this meant that talk show wingnuts such as Mike Gallagher were added to the lineup, but recently even reporters have begun editorializing as they read the news, offering right-wing comments to the very news they broadcast.

There is now not a single radio station in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex that offers a dissenting opinion from the wingers.

When I hear Democrats disparage the campaign that John Kerry waged (and I understand their frustration), I'm forced to reply that I'm amazed we did so well, considering the dearth of opposition voices to be heard in the media.

UPDATE: Corrente has a great post on the subject. A must-read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home