Thursday, April 21

WHAT'S WRONG WITH TEXAS?

What's wrong with Texas? With all the problems this state has, now we're spending precious legislative time passing laws to ban gays from serving as foster parents? I want to see a single legislator take in 80 foster kids into THEIR home. And the vote was 135-6, with barely a token opposition from Democrats. Does that say that even Dems in Texas take it for granted that homophobia is the popular and just attitude in the state?

I've got to get out of here. But my other home is Florida, and it's not exactly a great alternative these days. In fact, the two states (both populated with a plethora of Bush worshippers) seem to be increasingly converging in culture and political orientation. If it weren't for our need to be close to the kids, we'd be in Canada tout de suite.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep wondering why I live in Texas. As a gay man, as a liberal, as a thinking person, I find that I am increasingly at odds with the conservative religious bigots around me. The only reason I am here is because of my son. Looking forward to the day when he is all grown up and I can get the hell out of here.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to be gay to feel the same way. You just have to be a 'thinking person'.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home