Wednesday, May 25

IGNORING THE SECRET DOWNING STREET MEMO

Oh man, I've found me a fellow Baptist (and an impressively credentialed one at that) who speaks the faith of my fathers. A recent post:

Robert Dreyfuss has an article on the Tom Paine website that tries to explain why the American news media have been loathe to discuss the significance of the Downing Street memo.

Drefuss gives plausible explanations why both Republicans and Democrats have chosen to ignore the memo. At bottom, it all boils down to the fact that the truth is too hot for Americans to handle.

It looks like Bald Eagles have gone extinct and we've made the Ostrich our national bird.


Welcome to the blogroll, Mainstream Baptist.

2 Comments:

Blogger grandma1 said...

glad you have found my sons site. I am a recent transplant to Texas and I'm having trouble finding a true old school christian much less a democrat. I am really having a time keeping up with Bruce and Greek Shadow. I do appricate knowing that there are still intelligent people in Texas.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Motherlode said...

Greetings to you both! Yes, Dr. Presccott is an inspiration, and I'm so grateful to my buddy Xpatriated Texan for directing me his way. My husband and I moved to the D/FW area so he could attend Southwest Theological Seminary (so he could study Greek and Hebrew, not because he was called into the ministry -- we just love Bible study), but the Southern Baptist denomination has moved so far from its roots we don't even recognize it. It's wonderful to know that some Christian leaders have the courage to hold to the teachings of Jesus Christ instead of the word of Jerry Falwell and James Dobson.

I think you would both be interested in reading this article written by a non-Christian who yet loves the teachings of Christ and challenges us to hold fast to them despite the rumblings of the religious right. It, too, is an inspiration.

Where in Texas do you live, Grandma?

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home