Monday, May 16

PRESS HELPS KEEP THE "SECRET" DOWNING STREET MEMO SECRET

Why has the press failed to cover the "story of the century"??? Can you imagine a document that proves, mind you, not suggests, that the Bush Administration took us into a bloody awful war in Iraq, killed 1600 American troops and upwards of 100,000 Iraqis, ON A WHIM AND WITH A "THIN CASE" and then "fixed the facts and intelligence around the policy" NOT being trumpeted on every news broadcast, discussed at every water cooler, and resulting in a NEW investigation by the Senate Intelligence Committee that starts with this new evidence?

I'm with John Atcheson, it's time to go to our windows, stick our heads out and scream, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!"

The news media is unwilling to hold the President accountable, but we can and must hold the press accountable...

It’s time for a national boycott against newspapers who are content to ignore outrageous lies, and seem to believe an occasional mea culpa will make up for it. It’s time to write those who advertise and underwrite the likes of O’Reilly, Scarborough, Limbaugh, the Washington Times and the rest of the later day Pravda imitators and tell them, "It’s your right to advertise where you want, but as long as you underwrite lies and the lying liars who tell them, we’re not buying your stuff."

After all, as President Bush himself once said, "Fool me once, shame on you ... fool me twice ...uhhh... you can’t get fooled again."

Let’s do our part to make him right for once.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent my weekend writing to two local newspapers, the Houston Chronicle AND their advertisers about the Downing Street Memo. I told the advertisers that I would not support news filtering or censorship and am considering cancelling my paper subscription. I am fed up with the MSM coddling the Bush Administration. This is the crime of the century and has IMPEACHMENT writtn, in the blood of our sons and daughters, all over it.
I also wrote my legislators and demanded an immediate congressional investigation. I wrote C-Span, The NY Times, PBS and even chided Arianna for not including the memo in her blog.
We can not rest if we want to save Democracy in America.
Thank God, Keith Olbermann is outraged!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Motherlode said...

Outstanding, Debra! I have done the same with the Dallas Morning News, but have not gotten around to the advertisers. That's my project for today. You go, girl!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home