Friday, June 17

HOWARD DEAN TONIGHT

Tonight I'll be attending the Howard Dean rally in Dallas. I am so looking forward to being with other Dallas Democrats and observing the temper of the group. Are there really other Dallasites who feel as I do? My few Dem friends here agree that it is not possible to conduct a meaningful discussion about the state of the nation in most settings, at the office, at a party, at church... there's a cloud of disapproval, even intimidation, that hangs over us all when we're in the midst of Texas Republicans. I'm the most outspoken, but I get a kind of ride because I've always been considered eccentric. Yet even I often experience an unsettling sense of fear of wingnut reactions to my boldness. My liberal friends say they can't talk to their friends or relatives. What a sad situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home