Friday, June 17

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW

A bright young-ish VP of my company, a moderate Republican, just stopped into my office for a brief chat about politics. Towards the end I remarked, "I wish someone would explain to me just what our goal really is in Iraq now. Is it the old domino theory thing where if we turn Iraq into a model democracy the other nations of the Middle East will follow suit and abandon Islamic fascism?" He replied, "I don't see what it is you don't understand. It's as clear as Bush's Social Security plan."

Ha ha.

He also opined that if Bill Frist or another creature of the "Christian right" gets the Republican nomination in 2008 and the Dems select a moderate such as Bill Richardson or Harry Reid (his suggestions), the Dems will win his vote and the presidency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home