Tuesday, August 30

W "DUMBER THAN A POST"

Had an interesting conversation with a 29-year veteran writer with the defunct Dallas Times-Herald, which closed its doors nearly 15 years ago. (I dearly miss it, since all that's left is the conservative and corporate media tool, the Dallas Morning News.)

We had some time to kill, waiting for the film crew to show up (I was filming an interview, and he was doing the questioning) and as usual, I introduced the subject of politics. He confessed that he was a Republican but no George W. Bush supporter. My interest piqued, I asked him why, and he told me the story. Seems that back when Dubya was on the board of directors of Harken Energy, the aged reporter was sent to interview him. "He was sitting back in this fabulous office with a great big 'W' on the wall -- you couldn't miss it -- and it was a terrible interview. The guy obviously didn't have a clue. When I got home I told my wife, "I sure hope that fella never goes into politics. He's dumber than a post, maybe the biggest idiot I've ever met."

I asked him if that was still true, if he'd met anyone dumber since then. "I don't think so," he replied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home