Friday, August 19

WORLD RUNNING OUT OF TIME FOR OIL ALTERNATIVES.

The world could run out of time to develop cleaner alternatives to oil and other fossil fuels before depletion drives prices through the roof, a leading Dutch energy researcher said on Thursday.Link here.

Lately (apparently because of a story CNN did on hybrids) people have been challenging whether or not my driving a Hybrid is saving me money. Their contention is, since it costs more to purchase a hybrid, I can't make up the difference in gas savings. When I tell them I bought it several years ago for environmental reasons, before gas prices skyrocketed, they're left open-mouthed, as if there's nothing to say to someone that wacko. Another reason I'm known as the left-wing crazy around the office.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xpatriated Texan said...

I've long been telling people that the "peak oil" argument is weak. Alberta, Canada has enough oil to run the world for 100 years. We aren't going to run out anytime soon.

World oil prices are run on speculation - everyone simply tries to see how much profit they can take. In other words, what is driving prices so high is greed. When will it stop? When Americans stop using so much oil or when Congress implements price restraints.

Do you really think it's coincidence that airlines are going broke and oil companies are posting record profits?

No, I didn't think you did.

XT

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home