Friday, November 11

"BEFORE YOU GO" -- A TRIBUTE IN SONG TO VETERANS

My dad, a retired Air Force officer, always told me I could remember Armistice Day in this way: "Armistice was declared at the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month." That was the "Great War," before we knew enough to count them; later it became known as WWI, and Armistice Day was changed to Veterans Day.

In honor of my dear departed dad and my Air Force nurse sister, my veteran granddads, precious father-in-law and numerous uncles, and all the other honored veterans in my family who are gone but not forgotten, as well as my fighter jock brother and those many others in our military family (almost exclusively Air Force) who served well and honorably and are still with us...here's Before You Go.

Listen with a tissue or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home