Monday, November 21

WOODWARD TRYING TO SAVE LIBBY'S (AND THE ADMINISTRATION'S) BUTT?

WOLF BLITZER GIVES EARLY REPORT ON WOODWARD'S LARRY KING STINT:

Woodward said he only realized the full importance of what he knew when Libby was indicted.

"The indictment said the first disclosure was on June 23 to Judy Miller. I went, woa! because I knew I'd learned this 10 days before. So I said something's up, there's a piece that the Special Counsel doesn't have in all of this. I went into aggressive reporting mode during the next week and said to my source, Do you realize what was said? And the source said, I have to go to the prosecutor, I have to tell the truth. So I realized that I was going to be dragged into this, I was the catalyst, so I asked the source, do I have your release to tell this if you go to the prosecutor? And the source said, yes."

Call me cynical, but it sounds to me as if Woodward's motivation (and that of his source) was to discredit Libby's indictment.

Tags: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Woodward should have kept quiet. ;-)

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home