Saturday, January 7

BUSH EQUATES HIS BRUSH-CLEARING MISHAPS WITH IRAQ WAR WOUNDS

What universe does this guy and his minions live in? The pResident's New Year visit to a VA hospital:

I sincerely wish he was as effective at policy as he is at clearing the brush on his taxpayer-enhanced ranch.

As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself -- not here at the hospital, but in combat with a Cedar. I eventually won. The Cedar gave me a little scratch. As a matter of fact, the Colonel asked if I needed first aid when she first saw me. I was able to avoid any major surgical operations here, but thanks for your compassion, Colonel.
...
Q Mr. President, in August you said that Katrina could -- the effects of it could test the strongest faith. I'm sure of some of the things that you saw today, that's the case, as well. What do you tell a young soldier or his young wife about how a loving God could permit or cause some of the things you saw today?

THE PRESIDENT: First of all, Mike, I'm conscious not to be trying to substitute myself for God. I am, on the other hand, inspired by the mom who told me upstairs that she prays every day and believes in the miracle of healing; that I think we see God's work here every day. I think when you find nurses and doctors who work around the clock, who come in at a moment's notice to save a life, I happen to believe there's a lot of divine inspiration to that kind of dedication and work. The parents I saw or the wives I saw, many of them were in prayer on a regular basis for their loved one.

And, you know, war is terrible. There's horrible consequences to war -- that's what you see in this building. On the other hand, we also see people who say, I'd like to go back in, Mr. President, what we're doing is the right thing, because many of these troops understand that by defeating the enemy there, we don't have to face them here. And they understand that by helping the country and the Middle East become a democracy, we are, in fact, laying the foundation for future peace. And, I, as the Commander-in-Chief, I am resolved to make sure that those who have died in combats' sacrifice are not in vain. And I am resolved to make sure that these kids who are recovering here, that have suffered terrible injury, that their injuries are not in vain by completing the mission and laying that foundation for peace for generations to come. And I'm optimistic we'll achieve that objective

1 Comments:

Blogger mikevotes said...

That's a great catch, both sections. Brush scratch equals purple heart, and finding hope in people praying to god to end their war related suffering.

Mike

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home