Sunday, April 16

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT JOHN MCCAIN


Jonathan Chait unearths the real John McCain by examining his record and finds him to be more liberal than current conventional wisdom would allow.

Chait claims McCain flirted with the notion of switching parties, but I'm convinced that was hype or wishful thinking by some of McCain's advisers, two of whom actually went to work for Democratic politicians. The media is so enamored of McCain they continually provide him with overly flattering coverage.

I won't challenge Chait's conclusion that deep in his heart, John McCain is more like the progressive Teddy Roosevelt than a dyed-in-the-wool conservative, but frankly, I don't care. John McCain has embraced and lauded George W. Bush. That's enough to turn my stomach, and all I need to know.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home