Saturday, May 13

OPERATION MINDCRIME


Since so many bloggers like to note their "random Friday ten" songs they're listening to, I'm going to plug the new CD by my nephew's (he's the lead guitarist, and that's him on the left in the picture) band, Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime II. I've finally listened to it, and it's excellent.

But my favorite part, I confess, is the title. Although the first Operation Mindcrime was released about 20 years ago, I find that title incredibly timely. Isn't that a perfect description for the Bush/Cheney/Rove administration? It so beautifully characterizes their tactic of using fearmongering to produce in Americans a willingness to surrender their civil rights, the Constitution and respect for dissent all in the name of the so-called global war on terror.

Buy it just for the sake of independence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home