Monday, October 9

NORTH KOREA NUCLEAR TEST CAN'T COMPETE WITH FOLEYGATE

Frankly, I'm in shock. The mid-and-late-afternoon, early-evening news shows are still dealing with the Foley scandal. Somehow, I thought that the North Korean nuclear test would not only dominate the day's news cycle, but would absolutely bury the Foley story.

It didn't happen.

Now I've suffered through various network news shows, including Chris' Matthews Hardball, and am now watching Scarborough Country, and what do I find? Foley-gate is still dominating the public discourse.

It's obvious to me that this issue is resonating on a much more personal basis, and perhaps as a metaphor for the entire Bush administration's performance.

UPDATE: It appears I was correct.

Americans say that Republican Congressional leaders put their political interests ahead of protecting the safety of teenage pages, and that House leaders knew of Mark Foley’s sexually charged messages to pages well before he was forced to quit Congress, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home