Saturday, November 4

THE AIR AMERICA BLACKOUT

This is simply shocking. Though why anything should shock me anymore, I don't know.

I've been bitterly missing my daily fix of Air America on my commute to and from work. It suddenly disappeared one day from Dallas and was replaced by some right-wing Catholic programming. Then, of course, I read that the AA network was in deep financial straits.

I guess now I know why. Corporate America was boycotting it. Can't stay on the air without advertising bucks.

Well, in response, here I go with another one of my personal boycotts. (I refused to buy any Nestle products for more than a decade, until they ceased their predatory practice of providing artificial milk products to the newborn infants of impoverished mothers in third-world countries, which resulted in the mothers' natural milk drying up and forcing them to buy formula for their babies or seeing those babies die of malnutrition.) I hereby pledge not to support any of the companies participating in the Air America boycott with one thin dime of my hard-earned dollars. And dang, this one won't be easy. Take a gander at the list -- it's everything from Hewlett Packard and Microsoft to McDonald's, Clorox, Coke and Pepsi.

Good thing I prefer RC Cola.

Tags:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote of the Day
Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.


...wait! There's more!

...to be indiscriminately filled with whatever pap and blather that can be crammed into it, starting in the liberal land of the university propaganda ground. Be careful what you allow into your "open" mind. It just might leave you clueless in life...but feeling good about it. The ultimate in "comfortably numb".

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home