Saturday, November 4

KISS THE COOK -- SHE'LL KISS YOU BACK


I do love to cook! Sally, this is what you and the other volunteers coming to our all-day MoveOn GOTV calling party tomorrow can expect for munchies:

Deviled eggs
Breakfast casserole
Bagels and cream cheese
Fruit tray
BBQ Meatballs
Antipasto squares
Tuna salad and chicken salad (for sandwiches or not)
Smoked salmon and cream cheese
Brown sugar smokies
Louisiana shrimp casserole
Potato salad
Pate
Cream puffs

I get a rush just out of reading cookbooks. Last week was our oldest daughter's birthday. This was the menu for her birthday dinner:

Blackened catfish filets
Onion dijon crusted catfish
Grilled asparagus
Marsala-glazed carrots with pecans
Cream potatoes and green beans
Wedge salad with raspberry vinaigrette
Olive-cream cheese dip
Chocolate mousse

My son asked me, "Mom, why do you have to make it so hard on yourself?" I told him, when I'm cooking I'm not thinking about politics. Everyone needs a break once in a while, and cooking seems to be the only thing that gets my mind off the critical mass we're approaching in this country.

Plus, cooking is an act of love, and when someone eats your food and enjoys it, there's an exchange of grace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Motherlode said...

You ever get to Dallas, and I'll cook for you!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home