Sunday, December 3

WHO'S YOUR EARLY FAVORITE?


I was impressed with Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack on This Week this morning, so I went back and read his statement announcing his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for president.

There are a number of Democrats who I think would make a fine president -- Al Gore, John Edwards, Wes Clark, Tom Vilsack. I hope the nod won't go to Hillary Clinton (I can't forgive or forget her position on the Iraq war), Evan Bayh, Joe Biden (those two I'm pretty cynical about; their votes on the bankruptcy bill disqualifies them for me) or John Kerry (too bad, but he's unelectable).

UPDATE: David Sirota pretty well covers the reasons I didn't include Obama on my list.

Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jai said...

Wes Clark's the man. He's the best qualified of the lot to walk in cold and clean up the mess Bush will leave behind. He's also got what it takes to stand up freak show.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jai said...

Wes Clark's the man. He's the best qualified of the lot to walk in cold and clean up the mess Bush will leave behind. He's also got what it takes to stand up freak show.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Not-QuiteRight said...

“Split ticket” year perhaps, Edwards/Giuliani in 2008? I have considered this issue quite intensely, and I truly believe this combination to be quite fitting for the issues confronting our nation today.

Although Edwards/Clark in 2008 would also be an excellent combination.

www.guntotingliberal.com

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home