Friday, June 27

THE TRANSCENDENT ONE

I don't think I've ever seen anything more ridiculous than Obamabot and Congressman Robert Wexler (D-FL) on Morning Joe today when Scarborough asked him point blank if it isn't true that BO is a liberal. Wexler nearly wet himself exclaiming that The One "transcends labels." Joe kept saying, if you're a liberal and proud of it (Wexler's just published a book titled Fire-Breathing Liberal or something to that effect), what's wrong with saying Obama is a liberal? But Wexler wouldn't HAVE it. You simply can't pin a label on a man so "transcendent." Here's how the dictionary defines it:

1. going beyond ordinary limits; surpassing; exceeding.
2. superior or supreme.
3. Theology. (of the Deity) transcending the universe, time, etc. Compare immanent (def. 3).
4. Philosophy.
a. Scholasticism. above all possible modes of the infinite.
b. Kantianism. transcending experience; not realizable in human experience. Compare transcendental (defs. 5a, c).
c. (in modern realism) referred to, but beyond, direct apprehension; outside consciousness.

Yep, the word fits. It fits Obama's surpassing ego and the near-worship his supporters demonstrate.

Here's Mister Transcendent in action. He doesn't just flip-flop, he blows with the wind. What, exactly, does he care enough about to stand up for?

Last night it was obvious to me that The Sage is ready to throw in the towel. If it's a choice between Obama and McCain, he'll take Obama. I told him, I wish I didn't feel this way. I've never had a problem throwing my support to the Dem nominee, and I've NEVER had my first choice win the nomination.

It just ain't happening. And it's got nothing to do with Hillary -- I would like to fall in line with her wishes, but I Own My Vote, and so far Obama's not offered the right price -- principles.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home