Friday, July 11

TOO LATE THE INDIGNATION

Digby is miffed because McCain tells a story wrong and the press doesn't blow it up into a big story.

Sorry, Digby, but it's hard to work up a good mad-on, when Obama has gotten away with the same kind of thing over and over -- from his talking about being conceived after the Selma march (it happened after he was born) to the Auschwitz thing, to the Kennedys bringing his father to the USA to study, the errors and misrememberings and embellishments in his two books, the list is long. He's a kind of Forrest Gump, who loves to associate himself with great historic moments, only he makes the sh*t up. In the case you cite, the only McCain falsity was in the identity of the NFL team.

But yes, you're right, if Hillary had made a comparable mistake she'd have been pilloried (maybe we should change that word to Hilloried?) by the media and her political opposition. Since Obama's gotten pretty much the same pass from them as McCain in this regard, your indignation, at this point anyway, is IMHO misplaced.

As much as I have loved Digby since Hullaballoo began, I sure wish she'd aired a little more of her righteous anger while HRC was being belittled in the primaries. It's a little late for me to work up any heat against the media for their treatment of Obama now when he was so obviously the beneficiary of their regard and favoritism during the primary -- and none of the Obamacrats were crying foul then.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Motherlode,

Thank you!

BTW, I'm going to be in Denver along with the PUMA coalition.

How this drama plays out in Denver will be historic, no matter what the ending is.

Bottom line, those of us who see through obama want to make it known to the rest of the country that we are not coming back to the party to support him.

Denver will be our "Boston Tea Party" response to the DNC power elite and their anointed one. Feels good to stand up for what you believe in. It will be great to share that will many other citizens who truly love their country first, party last!

Kathleen W.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to go to Denver with PUMA (I have school. boo). But I am still going to do whatever I can to go if it is possible to skip a few days of class :P If not, I'll be protesting with other PUMA supporters in NYC. I'm sure there will be other protests and events around the country.
I agree Kathleen, the protests in Denver will be historical and I believe a lot of progressives who supported Obama before are getting over their kool-aid hangover and hopefully will be alongside with us protesting.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ccp,

I hope you're right about the kool-aid brigade waking up to reality!

I shudder to think what will happen to our country if obama is able to cheat his way into the white house, like he did in the primary.

He's already showing signs of a dicator mentality and he's not even officially won the nomination, much less the presidency.

I will fight until hell freezes over to keep him and his shady cast of supporters far, far away from the Oval office and then I will fight them on the ice.

Kathleen

6:14 AM  
Blogger Motherlode said...

Kathleen, you're a warrior goddess!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home