Sunday, March 23

HILLARY'S A POLICY WONK WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GOVERNMENT WORK

Today's must-reads are both from The Left Coaster.

It's way too much for me to excerpt, so I'll just say they reference the manufactured controversy over Bill Clinton's remarks that I wrote about here, the offensively sexist remarks made by Obama adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski that I mentioned here, and a great defense by Steve Clemons of Hillary's work ethic, her policy knowledge and passion, and her ability to get things done.

But I am convinced of something about Hillary Clinton's commitment to use every lever and every aspect of government machinery to push her legislative and policy work that I'm disappointed to say that I can't find as strongly in Barack Obama's profile. My concern has to do with the fact that as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations' Subcommittee on Europe, Obama has held zero hearings -- at least that is how the record appears to me.

After two terms of a president who's governed by relying on intuition and a phalanx of advisers who are eager to experiment with their theories, a president who vacations while the nation burns and goes to bed early, I prefer a president who leads from her own knowledge and experience and works exhaustively to advance the common good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home